The unique visitor number 1,000,000 (where uniqueness is counted on a daily basis) came from IP 71.203.223.# (Comcast Cable) in the U.S. He or she directly opened the page "2006 - probably the coldest year..." (you can also get there if you Google for coldest year) with the "Opera 9.10" browser. The visit occurred at 8:46:57 am on Wednesday.
The Sitemeter doesn't specify location of this lucky person with this particular IP address. ;-) But "traceroute" indicates that the user is in Tennessee, not far from Sharp's Ridge, a steep ridge north of Knoxville. However, the user could be much further. IPlocator at geobytes.com says it is in Dallas, Texas.
The locations of the visitors near 1,000,000 were:
- 97 - Dubai, United Arab Emirates (fixing HP laptop keyboard)
- 98 - Loh.Atdn.Net, United Kingdom (AOL.com, Eric Pianka's holocaust & other pages)
- 99 - Fort Worth, Texas (Performance Systems International, generic host process, from newsgroups)
- 00 - Knoxville, Tennessee (Comcast, coldest year)
- 01 - 74.98.141.*, Canada (Consciousness, from Wikipedia)
- 02 - Ottawa, Canada (Defense research establishment, main page)
- 03 - Stockholm, Sweden (Reuters employee, Roman Šebrle, googling for his pictures)
- 04 - Franklin, Michigan (Comcast, main page)
- 05 - AOL.COM (generic host problem error, from Google groups)
- 06 - Campbell, Victoria, Australia (Grapevine, pages about IPCC AR4 and SPM)
- 07 - Munich, Bayern, Germany (Siemens, main page, google.de for my name)
Thanks for visiting this humble website.