I believe that only since the arrival of the 2.0 version, Google Chrome has become the best Internet browser on the market.
Download Google Chrome 5.0.396.0 or later (dev channel, May 2010 or later)If you can't upgrade your Chrome to the "hot" dev channel (with most frequent, weekly updates), download and run the Chrome Channel Changer.
Generally, Chrome is extremely fast. What I love are the configurable search engines. For example, when press ALT/D and write the generalized URLs like
Click to magnify the screenshot.
The new pre-beta version 2.0 seems to be working perfectly and it has several new features, including
- autofill i.e. form autocomplete: finally! The absence of this standard feature of modern browsers was the main reason why I previously couldn't quite say that Chrome was a fully ready-to-use software
- feed reader: the RSS and Atom feeds display a bit more sensibly than the bare text sequences before
- zoom pages: with ctrl/wheel (or +/-) and ctrl/0 to reset: everything zooms properly and it looks very smooth
- multiple profiles: switch in between them by CTRL/M
- full screen: since 126.96.36.199, with "F11" key
- user scripts enabled: if you add the parameter --enable-user-scripts
Windows Live Essentials
When you're already downloading, you may also be interested in