Mr Vítězslav Kremlík, the climate skeptic and blogger at klimaskeptik.cz, was invited to the proceedings of the Czech segment of the IPCC meant to prepare a unified Czech stance for the upcoming 32nd plenary session of the IPCC in South Korea (October 11th-14th in Busan).
Kremlík's report (autom. transl. from Czech)It turned out that the Czech IPCC folks, usually considered to be generic fearmongers (it may be our fault: we sometimes demonize all IPCC members and create the impression that all of them are hardcore power-thirsty lunatics just like Pachauri), are just compatible with the skeptical viewpoint. All the participants agreed that
- Rajendra Pachauri has to resign or be resigned
- The reforms recommended by the IAC panel should be implemented right now, for the fifth report - rather than in 5 years or so
- The nominations from May 2010 should be canceled; new nominations respecting the IAC recommendations should replace them
- Politicians' interventions to the scientific work should be minimized as much as possible
- The fifth report (AR5) shouldn't be another variation of the old theme; instead, it should represent an audit of the climatology studied by 2010: it should check the graphs, re-evaluate the scores quantifying the uncertainty of the findings, and separate previous claims to correct ones, exaggerated ones, and completely wrong ones