Monday, January 07, 2013 ... Français/Deutsch/Español/Česky/Japanese/Related posts from blogosphere

Dine-Haber symposium in Santa Cruz

Between Friday and Sunday, particle physicists organized a spectacular symposium in Santa Cruz to celebrate the 60th birthdays of Michael Dine (left) and Howard Haber (right).



The website of the symposium shows that the program was impressive and included speakers such as Gross, Seiberg, Witten, Arkani-Hamed, Kane, Susskind, Allanach, Grossman, and others.




I spent the first half of the year 2000 in this department inside the UCSC campus – with lots of redwoods around – so I know these two great physicists.



Santa Cruz Sentinel wrote a few words about the event.

Congratulations to Michael and Howard!

Add to del.icio.us Digg this Add to reddit

snail feedback (3) :


reader Anon said...

Sorry to suggest correct English but surely you mean you mean *"I spent..."


reader sina gholizadeh said...

Oh man I think I did some wrong. I sent an email to professor Haber to advise me on Graduate admission. How big man he is.


reader Usual Model said...

Susskind talked about firewalls. Two of his students may have an answer involving computational complexity. Kane talked about how String/M theory gives a firm (my word) prediction (his word) for a 126 Higgs mass. Witten cleared up some things about string models from the late '80's. I didn't see the other talks.

I told Witten that some sites on the web claim he's *not* a space alien, and asked if he confirms it. He said, "as far as I know, I'm not a space alien" :-)