Wednesday, March 09, 2016 ... Français/Deutsch/Español/Česky/Japanese/Related posts from blogosphere

Germans are banning pork sausages

This information isn't quite new and I shouldn't have missed it almost a month ago. But I finally did notice it today and I was shocked:

GERMANY BANS SAUSAGES: Pork banned in cafes and schools to 'not offend refugees' (Express)

See also: RT, Deutsche Welle, Punching Bag
The story is simple: cafés and school canteens – for example a company cooking for hundreds of schools in Berlin – have eliminated sausages and pork in general from their menus. It looks like a "voluntary effort" not to offend the migrants and those who are doing so claim that it gives them a "competitive advantage". Many of those companies have switched to a purely vegetarian cuisine.

Politicians in Merkel's CDU are actually playing the "more sensible role" in these affairs and they are trying to fight the bans.

Pork is arguably the most important type of meat in the Czech cuisine. In particular, sausages are the most popular type of food in various situations – for example among the ice-hockey fans on the stadium during the matches. Smoked meat isn't terribly healthy (also when it comes to carcinogens etc.) – and I generally try not to eat too much of it – but it tastes good enough.

On Monday, I bought these Hunter's Sausages (by Pikok) in Lidl:

The discount was even better than one above: 390 grams for CZK 47.90 (basically $2). I hope it doesn't get spoiled too quickly. Now I see that the producer is Bell Polska. Surely an example that I consider Polish food products good enough and important and I would find it unacceptable if some of their Czech competitors (like Babiš's Agrofert) attempted to get rid of this competition by unfair tricks.

Sausages are equally important in the German cuisine – and I would say German culture. In the early 1980s, my father visited his brother – emigrant into Bavaria – several times. My uncle was running restaurants so he knew something about the German food preferences. One of the previously unknown "subspecies" of sausages that we were exposed to were the Bratwurst – or Nuremberg sausages. Because my uncle and his family lived in Nuremberg, we simply had to learn about and try those products.

At any rate, I find this development shocking. There may be just a few million people in Germany – radical Muslims – who answer a "Big No, It Is a Sin" to pork. What about the tens of millions of genuine Germans who say "Big Yes" because they simply like pork and sausages? Have they been overvoted by the small percentage of the Muslim savages who don't really belong to Central Europe to start with?

If the German culture gets this marginalized as soon as a million of Muslims are added to the mix, what will happen when the percentage of Muslims exceeds 10% or 20%?

Maybe I am an optimist but I don't believe that something like that would be politically tolerable in Czechia. A restaurant or a catering company pretending to be a mainstream one and to provide services to "generic" workers or schoolkids would be finished if it eliminated pork, especially if it admitted that the elimination was done in order to lick the Islamic rectums. But it is apparently an advantage for these companies in much of Germany! My guess is that it is an advantage not quite because the actual Muslims demand the ban themselves; but because lots of politically correct white German asslickers demand it.

The Egyptian guy I have mentioned a few times is selling kebabs some 200 meters from my home. I have repeatedly asked him about pork – and although he presents himself as a proud Muslim, he says that "obviously", he sometimes eats pork, too (his wife is Czech). When I bought a kebab elsewhere, I felt painful for having eaten several kebabs in a month so when I was offered a pork kebab, I immediately said Yes. Yes, you may create a true kebab out of pork, the Egyptian guy confirmed.

At any rate, it's obvious that unless the existential interests of a nation or democracy are eliminated, it's the bulk of the traditional population that must decide which foods are OK – and it should decide according to its own priorities, not according to some desire to lick someone else's rectum. Germany is getting f*cked up rather quickly, indeed. What will be the next ban? Will beer be banned in German restaurants and supermarkets?

Add to Digg this Add to reddit

snail feedback (0) :