Figure 1: Two prime ministers, the third most powerful woman of the world in 2007 and the most powerful woman in the world 20-30 years earlier...
91% of votes are counted. The forecast by the Reference Frame is optimized and arguably more accurate than the immediate incomplete results:
- Party of regions (Yanukovich, post-Soviet): 34% - 174 seats
- Bloc of Yulia Tymoshenko (with Thatcher above): 31% - 157 seats
- Self-defense bloc (Yuschchenko, pro-West): 14% - 72 seats
- Communist Party of Ukraine (no comment): 5.4% - 27 seats
- Litvin's bloc (centrist peasants): 4.0% - 20 seats
- Socialist Party of Ukraine (soft commies): 2.9% - 0 seats because below 3%
As you can see, Tymoshenko and Yushchenko have 229 seats in total which seems to be more than 1/2 of the Parliament (225 seats). If this qualitative conclusion doesn't change, Ukraine will probably go west and Tymoshenko will become the prime minister.